– On Oct. 26 at 2:15 a.m., the Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a person down due to alcohol at the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity house located at 8 Eagle Row. The individual was face down on a sofa in the house lobby. It appeared that the individual had been “drinking earlier,” as he said, and he thought he was at the University of Florida. The person was not an Emory student. Officers noted he was breathing but unresponsive. Emergency Medical Services was contacted, and the individual was transported to Emory University Hospital at around 2:30 a.m.

Later that morning, officers received a report at 3:04 a.m. of a male student who was seen jumping off the loading dock at Woodruff Library. It was the same student from the previous incident. The individual appeared to be bleeding from his arm and didn’t have a shirt on. Officers searched for the suspect and located him at 5:09 a.m. on a bus heading towards the Clairmont Campus. Officers recognized the individual and brought him back to Emory Hospital for further medical treatment.

– On Oct. 23 at 12:49 a.m., EPD responded to a report of a student down due to alcohol at Few Residence Hall. Emergency Medical Services was contacted. The student said she had five shots of alcohol and had consumed alcohol at an unnamed club in Atlanta. The student was turned over to her residence advisor.

– On Oct. 26 at 5:50 p.m., EPD received a call from a student located on the Clairmont Campus who reported that his blue bike had been stolen from the area. His bike was locked with a cable lock. The bicycle is valued at $250. There are no suspects at this time.

– On Oct. 24, EPD received a call from a female student who said her iPhone 5 was stolen. The individual was in the Administration Building when she contacted the police. She has not been able to relocate her phone. The property is valued at $296.

– Compiled by News Co-Editor Dustin Slade

Editor’s Note: Executive Editor Jordan Friedman reviewed the content of this police report due to Slade’s affiliation with Zeta Beta Tau fraternity.

Atlanta Hawks Beat Writer |
Dustin is a senior from Miami, FL in the Goizueta Business School studying strategy & management consulting and finance. He joined the Wheel’s editorial board in the spring of his freshman year and spent the next two years helping lead and shape the news team. Outside of the Wheel, Dustin is also a member of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity and an avid South Florida sports fan… even without LeBron James.