Crime Report stock photo

• On Oct. 4 at 1:00 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding graffiti at Alpha Tau Omega fraternity at 12 Eagle Row. Individuals at the location identified two drawings of penises on the rear patio. Testicles and the letter ‘A’ were also drawn. Campus Life was notified and Facilities Management removed the graffiti. The case has been turned over to an investigator.
  • On Oct. 8 at midnight, EPD responded to a call regarding Emory students chalking the sidewalk outside White Hall. “You Are Never Alone” and “We Stand Together” were written on the sidewalk. Hearts and peace signs were also drawn on the sidewalk. The students said that they were trying to lift spirits on campus. Officers on the scene notified the students that they needed approval from Campus Life to chalk the sidewalk.
  • On Oct. 9 at 2:45 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding graffiti on the seventh floor of the Robert W. Woodruff Library. A complainant told a security officer at the location that a male individual was drawing a swastika with black roots growing out of it leading to flowers. The statements “You plant seeds of hate, and we grow flowers of love,” “Emory Against All Discrimination” and “#Lovecrime” were also written at the location. Facilities Management  arrived on the scene to cover up the wall where the graffiti was written. The case is currently under investigation.
  • On Oct. 10 at 11:14 p.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a suspicious individual in the vicinity of Kappa Sigma fraternity at 20 Eagle Row. The complainant was a student who said an individual behind the building looked intoxicated. Officers met with the individual, who said that he was at the hospital and he was just looking for something to eat. He had medical equipment attached to his wrist. Officers transported the individual back to the hospital. ​
  • On Oct. 10 at midnight, EPD received a call from DeKalb County Police Department regarding a 911 hang-up call made at Raoul Hall. The person was yelling into the phone as if he or she needed assistance. Officers were able to trace the call back to the person who made it. The incident is currently under investigation.

– Compiled by Brandon Fuhr, Crime Beat Writer