On Feb. 19 at 12:28 p.m., EPD responded to a stalking complaint made by a Starbucks employee in the Oxford Road Building. The complainant said she had received unwanted calls to her cell phone from a distant relative. The complainant said that the subject had also called her workplace and made false complaints about her in hopes of getting her terminated. The subject also posted on social media asking if she should show up at the complainant’s workplace and attempted to contact the complainant’s family members over social media. The complainant said the unwanted communications made her feel unsafe. The case is under active investigation. 

On Feb. 21 at 12:17 p.m., EPD responded to a report of theft. The complainant said that on Feb. 18 at approximately 6 p.m., he left his rose gold Dell XPS 13 laptop in a black AmazonBasics case in the Goizueta Business School. At approximately 9 p.m., he returned to the place where he left the laptop and found that it was missing. The complainant stated that he checked with the security officer and looked in the building’s lost and found, but the laptop had not been turned in. The complainant estimated the value of the laptop at $900. The case is under active investigation. 

On Feb. 21 at 4:09 p.m., EPD responded via phone to a report of harassment at White Hall. The complainant said that at approximately 4 p.m., he received a phone call and that a “male agitated loud voice” demanded to speak with “the dean.” The complainant gave the unknown caller her last name and told the caller that the dean was out of the office, to which the caller responded with verbal threats. The complainant told EPD that she did not know of any students who had issues with the dean but that students can get upset from time to time. The EPD officer attempted to call the number, retrieved the name of the caller through their voicemail and found that the caller is a former Emory student. The case is under active investigation.

On Feb. 22 at 2:10 p.m., EPD received an anonymous report of rape from Campus Security Authority (CSA). The report was disclosed to CSA on Feb. 11 for statistical purposes.

On Feb. 25 at 6:49 a.m., EPD responded to property damage complaints at the Robert W. Woodruff Library. The Woodruff Library Operations and Access Services personnel told EPD that they received a call reporting burn marks on the carpet of Classroom 874. The case is under active investigation. 

Digital Operations & Podcast Editor | Gabriella Lewis (she/her, 23C) is from San Francisco, California, majoring in political science and women, gender and sexuality studies. She hosts the podcast Wheel Talk. Outside the Wheel, she is involved with residence life and voting rights at Emory. She also enjoys national parks, eating ramen and telling people she's from California.