Gate

Later this summer, Emory Village will see the opening of Ali’s Cookies, which is replacing Tin Drum Asiacafe, and the renovation of Doc Chey’s into the Doc Chey’s Dragon Bowl concept.

According to a May 8 press release, the new Doc Chey’s Dragon Bowl will open in late summer 2014 and will “focus on Asian-inspired bowls piled high with a variety of fresh and seasonal ingredients.”

The new Dragon Bowl is comprised of a choice of base, protein and vegetables. According to the press release, the idea of the concept arose from a series of rotating specials at Atlanta-area Doc Chey’s locations that received “overwhelmingly positive reviews.”

Ali’s Cookies is opening its third location in Emory Village, joining stores in Marietta, Georgia and Dunwoody, Georgia, according to a post on local food blog tonetoatl.com.

The Kosher cookie company offers over 20 flavors and delivery through its shipacookie.com website.

Stuart Meddin, owner of the property in Emory Village, said in an interview with the Wheel that he is excited for the new properties and the growth they will bring the Village area.

– By Stephen Fowler

Stephen Fowler 16C is the political reporter at Georgia Public Broadcasting, the statewide NPR affiliate in Georgia. He graduated from Emory with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and covered the central administration and Greek Life for the Wheel before serving as assistant news editor, Emory Life editor and the Executive Digital Editor from 2015-16.