Matthew Willis

I am running for SGA President because now, more than ever, there is a need for a strong student government with a clear vision and focused deliverables. As chief of staff for the current SGA, I have learned so much about the institution and the possibilities. If elected president, I will introduce plans to create a Code of Expectations for the University that will outline our expectations, as students, of how decisions and overall communication should be accomplished. Additionally, I will create a committee to work with administrators on a review of the University Mission Statement. These are important steps but not the ultimate solution. SGA needs to be transparent in ways we have never before attempted. When issues arise, SGA should organize town halls, followed by University-wide statements on clear steps of action. I am running to tackle current issues and issues that are still to come. I understand that SGA is a reactionary organization, and I hope that with your vote, I can be the next SGA President. To learn more about what I’ve done and what I’m planning, please visit meetmatthewwillis.com.