MP12-0798 Cooper, Shan Diversity Magtrustee_rollinsWEBShantella Carr Cooper and Timothy Rollins will join Emory’s Board of Trustees for six-year terms, the University announced last week. Cooper will be the Board’s newest alumni trustee and Rollins the newest term trustee.

The Board of Trustees – which consists of 34 term trustees and up to 11 alumni trustees – governs the University by establishing policy and exercising fiduciary responsibility, according to the board’s website.

Cooper is the current vice president of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company and general manager of the company’s Marietta, Ga. facility. She serves as the aeronautics company’s vice president of business ethics and has occupied this position since 2011.

Rollins graduated from Boston University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. He is the current vice president of the Rollins Investment Company in Atlanta. Before being appointed, Rollins served on the Emory Board of Visitors.

According to Allison Dykes, vice president and secretary of Emory University, the Governance, Trusteeship and Nominations Committee of the Emory University Board of Trustees oversees trustee elections to the Board, and specifically the election process for term trustees. The Emory Alumni Board recommends the alumni trustees for election through a nomination process. Then, the Board elects its members. The final confirmation rests with the Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference of The United Methodist Church, according to Dykes.

By Nick Sommariva