Need the perfect place to finish that paper? Have five pages of calculus review but nowhere quiet to do it? Nestled up in the lofty tower of the Robert W. Woodruff Library is Emory University’s best place to study on campus: the stacks.

Silence and productivity abound in the stacks, where any student is able to claim a personal study carrel for their visit on a first-come, first-served basis.

Choose any floor, from four to eight, but be sure to remember that floors four, five and eight are silent. No one will confront you if you forget, but they’ll be sure to emit an irritated sigh and compose an angry tweet about that one kid chewing gum too loudly on floor eight.

One the stacks’ best-kept secrets is the seventh floor. It’s not just the soothing green and orange color scheme that makes this study haven such a popular place; the magic lies – or rather, sits – in the chairs.

Unlike the seats on every other floor, floor seven’s chairs are library luxe, complete with plush lower back and bottom cushions, an adjustable height and the potential for exciting spinning action.

Maybe it’s not much of a step up from a regular computer chair – or maybe it’s everything you’ve ever wanted for your backside.

But fear not if you find yourself on a different floor and without a comfy seat! Your impending deadline and crippling anxiety about tomorrow’s economics midterm will distract you from the fact that your posterior is aching from floor eight’s horrible wooden chairs with their paper-thin “cushions.”