Jane's addiction at The Tabernacle

If you’re looking for a concert venue big enough to host a world-famous rock band but cool enough to host even the hippest of indie bands, look no further than the Tabernacle.

Situated in downtown Atlanta, the Tabernacle is the modern iteration of a Baptist tabernacle founded in 1898 by Dr. Len Broughton. The church’s congregation continued to grow until the mid-1950s, when demographic changes in Atlanta started a decline in popularity that lasted until the late 1990s. The building was sold in 1994, when it was converted to a House of Blues for the 1996 Olympic Games.

The Tabernacle is now one of Atlanta’s foremost concert venues and has hosted big names such as Guns N’ Roses, Bob Dylan and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Although The Tabernacle’s rostrum and choir seats have since been removed, the old church’s balcony seating remains, lending the venue a distinguished air. The walls have been painted in carnival colors, and a bar and souvenir stand occupy the basement. The venue is dark and almost ominous – the kind of place where you would want to go to see the coolest new musical act.

152 Luckie St NW, Atlanta