With spring finally in the air, now is the perfect time to spend your weekends enjoying the Atlanta BeltLine, a 33-mile network of walking, biking and hiking trails that encircle the hustle and bustle of Atlanta’s concrete jungle.

From the completed Eastside Trail running from Piedmont Park through the historic Old Fourth Ward to the trails and pathways leading to the Lindbergh Marta station, Medium Rare will offer the best places to take a break, have a bite and enjoy the sunshine. This week, we take a look at the Eastside Trail.

[padding type=”large_left_right”][/padding]

Park Tavern

Nestled in the southeast corner of Piedmont Park in an unassuming stone building, Park Tavern offers one of the best views of Midtown with quality food to boot. Whether the beginning or end of your Beltline exploration, the friendly atmosphere, long list of specialty drinks and wine and proximity to the trail makes this an integral part of the Eastside Beltline. Plus, try the Piedmont sushi roll (a Hamachi and asparagus roll topped with tuna tataki, jalapeno, crispy rice, avocado and spicy soy) or, really, anything else on the sushi menu.

Arden’s Garden

In the mood for some juice? Try Arden’s Garden, an Atlanta-based juice company. Founded by exercise pioneer Arden Zinn, the fruit juices sold are fresh, healthy and sure to cool you down on a warm day. From personal experience, their resulting juice tastes better than store-bought juice — and has no pulp! Another selling point is the extra nutritional value of combining multiple juices.

Dancing Goats Coffee

While coffee may be the last thing on your mind to be paired with urban development and hiking trails, take a quick detour to Dancing Goats. Located next to the newly reclaimed Ponce City Market property, what was originally a regional warehouse for Sears then Atlanta City Hall East is now a growing vibrant hub for businesses, tenants and the surrounding community.

Dancing Goats, operated by Batdorf and Bronson Coffee Roasters, features a giant screened porch, quality espresso and manages to eschew the stereotypical hipster coffee shop vibe.

TWO Urban Licks

Set up into an old warehouse amidst a gorgeous backdrop of the city, Executive Chef Michael Bertozzi’s TWO Urban Licks offers a uniquely southern, wood-fired cuisine. With décor that includes a warm metal furniture and a 26 foot wine on tap wall, TWO is an environment that is uniquely Atlanta and fitting for the Beltline.

Try anything that’s roasted over the rotating rotisseries for mouthwatering satisfaction. The restaurant, having been spotted on Conde Nast Traveler’s “Hot List” and  Bon Appetit’s “Hot 50 Tables,” for any Beltline visitor would be remiss to not visit.

King of Pops

What better way to end a spring day than a nice, cold popsicle? King of Pops is more than a frozen treat in Atlanta; it’s a way of life. Founded by three brothers who were driven by fresh, all natural flavors, King of Pops and their carts have become, well, popular to those in the Metro Atlanta area. At the original Poncey-Highland location just off of Freedom Parkway, the pops reflect the season and a keen sense of what customers want. In the mood for an Arnold Palmer? They’ve got it. Banana Cinnamon? Shoot, they have that too. My personal favorite is the Chocolate Sea Salt with organic cane sugar.

— By Stephen Fowler, Executive Digital Editor

Stephen Fowler 16C is the political reporter at Georgia Public Broadcasting, the statewide NPR affiliate in Georgia. He graduated from Emory with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and covered the central administration and Greek Life for the Wheel before serving as assistant news editor, Emory Life editor and the Executive Digital Editor from 2015-16.