ATO Recognized as Top Chapter
Emory’s chapter of the Alpha Tau Omega (ATO) fraternity received the Top Chapter award from the national ATO organization during this summer.
ATO was also recognized for having the highest GPA of chapters throughout the nation.
“It was an awesome reflection of the group of guys that we have currently and their individual interests and their ability to unite and work together,” Goizueta Business School senior and ATO President David Fratto said.
The Top Chapter award “recognizes the best ATO chapter in the nation,” the ATO website states.
According to Fratto, the recipient of the Top Chapter award was selected by a panel of independent judges who read ATO’s application for the award and then chose the “top chapter” based on merit.
“We are proud of the recognition more than anything,” Fratto commented.
PhiDelt Receives Award for Most Improved Chapter
Emory’s PhiDelt chapter has received the Phoenix Award, which recognizes “dramatic improvement over the course of the previous academic year,” according to the national organization’s website.
The national organization selects the recipient of the Phoenix award based on 14 areas in addition to information that the Province President, General Headquarters staff and University officials provide, the website explains.
PhiDelt President and College senior Josh Victor said the fraternity has not won an award from the national organization in almost 10 years.
“There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done, and it’s still a growing experience that’s not only made us feel that we’ve worked and accomplished something but also given us lessons, and it’s been helpful,” Victor said.
According to the PhiDelt national organization’s website, the Valley of the Sun Alumni Club established the Phoenix Award in 2002. PhiDelt additionally garnered awards for membership recruitment.
“It [is] a bit of a turnaround for us, and we worked hard, and we’re really happy about it,” Victor noted. “We’re looking for a great year, and Greek Life at Emory across the board has done really well.”
Managing Editor Roshani Chokshi contributed reporting.
– By Jordan Friedman