Sunday, Oct. 20, 2024
The Emory Wheel

Cox Hall Food Court to Begin Opening on Weekends

Cox Hall Food Court is scheduled to open on weekends between 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Nov. 10 to the end of the semester, as a pilot program, according to Director of Campus Dining Chad Sunstein.

Cox Convenience Corner, Twisted Taco, Ray’s New York Pizza, Maru and Freshens will participate in the program, Sunstein said.

“We have received feedback from students through various channels that they would like to see Cox Hall open during the weekends, and we thought testing this out during the rest of the Fall semester would be a great start,” Sunstein wrote in an Oct. 30 email to the Wheel.

Emory Dining last modified Cox Hall’s hours in August 2017 when it changed the weekday closing time from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Julia Zhong (21C) said Cox Hall’s expanded hours are a positive change because there are limited on-campus dining options for students over the weekend. She said the option to eat at Cox Hall on weekends will be especially beneficial for upperclassmen who often have fewer DUC-ling meal swipes than underclassmen.

Charlie Scruton (21C) said he plans to take advantage of the weekend hours.

“I ... would definitely use [Cox Hall] on the weekends,” Scruton said. “I use [Cox Hall] quite often on the weekdays, and I think there is a shortage of food spots open on the weekends on campus.”

Ninad Kulkarni and Albert Zhang contributed reporting.

Correction (10/31/18 at 10:23 a.m.): This article has been updated to reflect that Cox Hall will begin opening on both Saturday and Sunday, not just Saturday.