Showering is a refreshing experience, and most people like to enjoy a warm shower. While most people like to have a warm shower, due to the preferred health benefits, it is recommended to take cold showers to cure a wide range of ailments. However, it is not the cup of tea for everyone to have a cold shower. It is popular among masochists, sportspeople, and others who feel over-amorous. Victoria Plum helps you improve your cold shower experience. Let’s discover the benefits of having a cold shower. 

Relieves stress 

A cold shower is something whose benefits if you can not see, you can feel instantly through the release of endorphins. Endorphin hormones relieve your pain naturally and make you feel satisfied. The cold water touches the skin and sends electrical impulses to the brain, feeling challenged and releasing endorphins. Moreover, adrenaline and oxytocin are also released, providing the feeling of thrill and happiness. 

Tightens pores 

Hot water results in removing the natural oils from the skin and results in drying out the skin. However, treating your face with cold water helps tighten the pores and makes the skin appear more youthful and radiant. It is very important to tighten the pores if you are prone to acne as your pores get stuck with dirt particles. Healthy skin makes you feel content, happy and confident.

Speeds up recovery 

Have you ever tried using an ice pack right after getting some injury, or have you ever heard someone take a shower in freezing cold water after spending a hectic day. This is because when you try something cold, your blood and heat travel deep down your body and keep it warm. In the case of treating the injured area with an ice pack, the oxygenated blood goes to the injured area and enhances the recovery process. 

Just like a jump leads the car into action, a cold shower jolts the body and makes it appear more energized and alert. Hence, it fills the body with heat by enhancing metabolism. 

Weight loss 

Drinking cold water is expected to speed up metabolism and burn fat. 2 types of fats are found in our body; white fat and brown fat. White fat due to eating more calories and brown fat that keeps the body warm. Showering with cold water results in the increased production of brown fat that keeps the body healthy and appears toned. It also helps you lose weight and helps in improving cardiovascular health.

Healthier hair 

The way a hot shower dries the skin, repeatedly exposing hair to hot water, results in stripping off the oil from your hair, making it look dry, dull, and lifeless. 

Taking a cold shower helps you improve the health of your hair by retaining its natural oil. This makes your hair appear more healthy and shiny. Treating your hair with cold water flattens your follicles and helps them cling to your scalp. 

Final words 

Installing a bathroom suite that can help you enjoy a cold shower can benefit you in several ways by improving your blood circulation, immunity, fast recovery, and maintaining your metabolism.