The Wheel is pleased to endorse College junior and current College Council (CC) assistant to the vice president of programming/junior legislator Bisi Adeyemo. Her in-depth, feasible platform along with her history of executing initiatives successfully makes Adeyemo an excellent candidate for CC president.

Adeyemo’s platform consists of seven areas of campus that she plans to work on, including transparency, community, sustainability, academia, programming, transportation and parking and the internal organization of CC. Each of these areas delineates a clear plan of action for how Adeyemo will implement these changes if elected.

As CC president, Adeyemo will do all in her power to improve the issue of inclusivity on this campus. This initiative will strive to make every organization on campus feel more central to the Emory experience – whether that be cultural organizations, Emory Athletics, Oxford continuees or the University offices. Adeyemo has already started accomplishing this goal as is evident through the Willy’s Mexicana Grill Tailgate she planned with Emory Athletics several weeks ago, actively engaging the athletic community. She has also proposed the idea of using more CC resources to promote cultural events, such as Free Tibet Week.

Additional programming includes movies on McDonough Field in conjunction with Late Night, an International Day with the Office of Multicultural Programs and Services (OMPS) during unity month and expanding Social Justice Week to include all University offices.

Adeyemo intends to establish more intentional engagement with club liasons by including them in budget committee meetings and extending promotional resources to help increase attendance at events. Internally, she plans to foster an inclusive community within CC by requiring Sensitivity and Sexual Assault Peer Advocacy Training for all CC members.

Adeyemo is committed to opening up avenues of communication between CC, the administration and the student body. CC presidents meet with key administrators on a regular basis, and the occurrences of these meetings are rarely discussed beyond closed doors. Adeyemo is interested in announcing to the student body when those appointments take place and allowing students to submit ideas for topics of discussion.

With the decline of LearnLink as a way for students to communicate with other students on a wide scale, Adeyemo proposes the establishment of an electronic syllabus datacase through which students can view past course syllabi.

This will go hand-in-hand with the recent decision by the Office of Undergraduate Education to publicize students’ class evaluation forms. With this initiative, students will be able to cross-reference a class’ syllabus and students’ opinons about the class.

Additionally, we would like to commend Adeyemo for her efforts to make our campus more sustainable. She has proposed an additional Green Bean Coffee Cart on Clairmont campus. She also plans to establish recycling locations for batteries and ink cartridges.

Adeyemo’s faithful commitment to the betterment of the College through CC is admirable. Her dedication is evident through her accomplishments, and the Wheel is proud to endorse Adeyemo for CC president.