Are you looking for ways to augment your current income? Are you searching for a part-time gig to further increase your cash flow? Then perhaps you may want to consider building websites for money.

But before you even say “no,” you need to realize the potential of building websites for businesses. Studies show that two-thirds of small businesses connect with their customers through websites.

However, 35% of small businesses feel their operations are small that they do not need to have a website. Here lies the potential should you decide to dive into a website-building business.

So how do you start building websites? How can you pull it off if you barely know the basics?

Continue reading below to find out how.

Simple Steps Follow

Building websites for money is not as hard as you think it is. The key lies in knowing where to start. From there, you can build your momentum until everything starts running like clockwork.

Let’s take a look at some simple steps that will help you get the ball rolling.

1. Start with Your Own

Before you can build websites for other people, you must first come up with your own. It doesn’t need to be grand and intricate. But it has to come with all the essentials that make up a solid website.

As your kickoff platform, it is best to use software like WordPress. The good thing about WordPress is you can easily install it for free on your hosting server.

The hosting server, on the other hand, will serve as a place where you can store your website’s files. Next, you come up with your domain name. You can purchase a domain name for around $10 a year.

Once you have these, start building your website. You can come up with a personal blog site where you can start writing about things that you like.

2. Go Deep in WordPress

One of the keys to becoming a great website builder is understanding WordPress like the back of your hand. You need to set aside a weekly schedule where you will deep-dive into WordPress.

Spend an hour or two every week playing around with WordPress. This means going through different plugins. This means trying out the different themes.

You should also start watching videos about web design. You should also take the time to read different articles about WordPress. Check out the WordPress.org Forums as well as WPBeginner.

3. Create Some Personal Projects

To further sharpen your skills, you need to create website projects for yourself. You want to come up with projects that will serve you specific purposes.

Through these projects, you will improve your skills in installing themes and plugins. You will also learn how to edit header.php files and CSS files faster.

4. Stick to Pre-Built Themes

Eventually, you will want to take your website-building skills to the next level. This means going beyond what WordPress is offering when it comes to themes.

Instead of sticking solely on WordPress’ default themes, you should consider using pre-built themes. You can check out ThemeForest for neat-looking themes you can use on WordPress. This will help you save more time that you can use to focus on other areas of your business.

5. Organize Your Logistics

Once you feel that you are ready to meet with prospective clients, you must first ensure that your logistics are in order. This means creating a business proposal that comes with all the essential information. Your proposal should include the scope of your services and a timeline for the project’s completion.

You should also be clear in terms of pricing (more on this later). If you don’t feel comfortable, you can follow proposal templates online. Download a template and fill in the details.

Furthermore, you should consider showing them your portfolio. If you don’t have one, come up with a mock-up of what you are planning to accomplish for them.

Also, you want to make yourself available. This means letting the world to know that you exist. The key is to use your existing network as your starting point.

Use your website to announce your services. You can also send emails to some of the people you worked within the past. You can also use your social media accounts to promote what you are doing.

The goal is to make as much noise as possible.

6. Get the Price Right

As we mentioned earlier, your proposal should come with your pricing. Now pricing is relative and dependent on your financial goals.

If your goal is to make at least $3,000 extra per month, you cannot charge your clients for a few hundreds of dollars. You want to charge your clients fairly. You can do so by offering services that give them the value that they are willing to pay for.

For starters, don’t charge anything for less than $1,000. This is a fair price considering you’re making money building websites on a part-time basis. As you beef up your portfolio, consider raising your prices after a year or so.

7. Go Local

Last but not least, try to focus on local opportunities. There are numerous small businesses in your community that is aching to have their website.

Start by visiting the local dental offices and restaurants. Y

Continue reading below to find out how.

Simple Steps Follow

1. Start with Your Own

2. Go Deep in WordPress

3. Create Some Personal Projects

4. Stick to Pre-Built Themes

5. Organize Your Logistics

6. Get the Price Right

7. Go Local

Start by visiting the local dental offices and restaurants. You can also connect with recreational businesses like Breakout Games. Make a list of these establishments and conduct a Google search to see if they have websites or not.

If they do, examine the websites and see how they rank in Google. Check if the websites are also outdated.

Visit them again and leave your contact details. Your goal is to set up a meeting and where you can discuss how you can help them.

Start Building Websites for Money!

Building websites for money takes time. Do not rush yourself especially if you have limited knowledge of website design.

We invite you to check our different blog posts on web design and other related topics. We encourage you to keep on learning as you take your part-time endeavors to the next level.

ou can also connect with recreational businesses like Breakout Games. Make a list of these establishments and conduct a Google search to see if they have websites or not.

Start Building Websites for Money!