Are you a casino enthusiast? If yes, you must have come across the roulette wheel at least once. Roulette is a favourite game of maximum players owing to the simplicity of the game and lucrative winning odds. In order to make the most of the casino game of roulette, having a complete idea of the roulette wheel is important. In this roulette wheel guide, you will get to know about all the vital aspects. Let’s dive in!

The Logic of the Layout of the Roulette Wheel

The numbers on the roulette wheel are arranged in such a manner as to achieve mainly four things. It includes:

• Evenly distributing the even and odd numbers

• Alternating the colours throughout the roulette wheel

• Alternating the high and low numbers as much as possible 

• Confusing the players

European Roulette Wheel

When it about the roulette wheel, the European wheel comes to the mind first. It is one of the most popular roulette wheels that came into existence during the late 18th century. It consists of 37 pockets that are numbered from 0 to 36. Each of the slots on the wheel is either black or red. The 0-numbered pocket on the European wheel is green in colour. 

Owing to the presence of a single zero on the European roulette wheel, the house edge is 2.70%. The wheel basically allows you to place two types of wagers, which includes outside wagers and inside wagers. The outside bets give you a chance to bet on a combination of numbers. On the other hand, the inside bets allow you to wager on individual numbers present on the inside of the roulette table.

American Roulette Wheel

Another popular roulette wheel is the American roulette wheel. All the major components of this wheel are similar to the European wheel. The main difference is that the American wheel consists of an additional zero pocket. Along with the single zero (0) pocket, it also has a double zero pocket (00). The presence of two zero pockets has a significant impact on the house edge and payouts of the different bets. The house edge of the American roulette wheel is 5.26%. 

Important Components of Roulette Wheel

Take a look at the key components of the roulette wheel.

• Base – It is the outer part of the roulette wheel, which is partly wood and partly metal. It focuses on protecting the ball track and the wheel. 

• Ball Track – It is the path that allows the ball to travel.

• Pockets – They are the numbered sections present on the roulette wheel where the ball will land. 

• Rotor – It refers to the mechanism responsible for turning the roulette wheel. It is the only moving part on the roulette table.

• Diamonds – These are the obstacles specifically designed to change the trajectory of the ball and ensure unbiased and random results.

Conclusion

By now, you must have a complete idea of the roulette wheel. It is time to engage in the game of roulette and enjoy it to the core. Knowing the basics of the roulette wheel is sure to make the game simple and easy for you.