Did you know that the cost to install solar panels has dropped 70 percent in the last 10 years?

If you care about your carbon footprint, or if you’re sick of paying high electric bills, then solar panels just might be your answer.

Keep reading for the top nine reasons to have solar panels installed on your home.

1. Lighter Electric Bills

When you produce energy with your own solar panels, that energy typically goes back to the local power grid. The company pays you for the energy you produce by giving you monthly bill credits. These credits applied to your bill can greatly decrease how much you pay every month.

2. Fewer Carbon Emissions

Solar energy is a clean source of renewable energy. Most of our home energy comes from the burning of natural gas and coal. This produces massive amounts of carbon dioxide which collects in our atmosphere, trapping heat.

While carbon dioxide is naturally present in our air, human activities since the industrial revolution have upset the balance.

3. More Valuable Home

Solar panels increase the value of your home. So even if you think you might move before your panels “break-even,” a homebuyer will pay more for your house if it has solar panels.

4. Turn A Profit

If you generate more energy than you use, your local power grid can compensate you. You might get paid in bill credits or even cash for extra energy produced by your panels.

In some cases, you can even end up making money with your panels.

5. Easy To Maintain

Solar panels can last for years with little or no maintenance. All you should have to do is clean them a couple of times a year. You can do this yourself, or hire professionals to take care of cleaning for you.

In addition, most installers offer lengthy extended warranties and provide all maintenance and repairs.

6. No Expensive Battery

Although it is possible to have a home battery installed, this is rarely cost-effective. Furthermore, home batteries are cumbersome and can’t store enough to power your home over multiple overcast days.

By letting an experienced solar energy company handle your energy, you save thousands on solar.

7. Easy To Install

Solar panel installation is flexible, as panels can be installed on most flat or horizontal unused areas. You can also start with a smaller system and upgrade as your budget expands.

8. Rebates And Incentives

The government is still trying to support green living through the Solar Investment Tax Credit. In 2022 this tax credit is 26% for residential solar systems.

Other financing and incentives could allow you to save up to 50% on your solar startup costs.

9. Support Local Jobs

The solar industry employs about 230,000 Americans. It relies on local workers to install and maintain the panels. This makes solar panels great for the local economy.

Get Solar Panels Installed Today!

Solar panels produce clean renewable energy. They also reduce your monthly energy bill and increase the value of your home.

Solar panels are easy to install and maintain, and they create local jobs. Remember to look into financing and rebate options as you start getting your solar panels installed today!

And if you liked this, make sure to read more of our articles on science and the environment.