The Law School Admission Test is designed to measure your ability to perform and in law school. A high score on the LSAT is the first thing you have to secure in order to improve your chances of getting into a law school. 

The format of this test includes three different sections of multiple-choice questions – focusing on reading comprehension, analytical and logical reasoning. Preparing for LSAT not only requires you to be well-versed in the pattern but also to manage your time effectively. 

Here are five study tips that will help to perform better on the test. 

1. Access your Strengths and Weaknesses

Before you come up with a study plan, you first need to understand what your abilities are. LSAT has an emphasis on the analytical nature of questions. Meaning, what might come naturally for one student might be the most challenging for another. 

Hence, the first step of LSAT prep is to take a look at the exam to know where you stand. You can find plenty of mock tests that you can attempt at no cost.

2. Practice and Analyze

The LSAT test is all about evaluating how you apply your critical thinking and not a measure of what you know. As such, you cannot memorize any types of questions and their standard answers. Instead, what you should do is practice as much as possible to familiarize yourself with the format. 

Every time you take a practice test, you have to review where you went wrong and understand how you reached the wrong answer. Most students only count how many they got right and overlook the importance of examining the wrong ones.

3. Focus on Logic Games 

The analytical reasoning section, popularly known as the “logic games,” is considered one of the most challenging parts of the LSAT exam. It is different from the other standardized tests and requires you to understand complex hypothetical relationships between multiple parties or items. 

However, it is also possible to train yourself in this session. If you need help, sign up for programs that provide more attention to logical games. 

4. Take Advantage of Study Apps 

If you want to take a break from mock tests, why not try the interactive mobile applications. There are dozens of LSAT prep apps in the market that helps you focus on the different aspects of the test with dedicated tools. 

You can also get access to additional study materials, sample questions, and step-by-step explanations on these apps. 

5. Train your Mind 

Preparing for the LSAT is a strenuous process. Even on the days that you are highly motivated, studying could turn out to be exhaustive. Alongside, the anticipation and the stress can affect both your mental and physical health. 

If you want to perform to the best of your capacity, it is necessary that you eat healthily, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. It will help to rejuvenate your mind and start the next study session with a focused mind. 

Given the LSAT has shifted online, it is also important that you adapt to the new format and practice accordingly. Get used to taking mock tests on the computer and train yourself to beat the test’s intense time demands.