Let’s be real, who doesn’t love to save money? Especially for college students. Fortunately, we rounded up the best money-saving apps, and browser extensions college students need to download right now. These products will help you save money, find coupons, and get the best deal as you scour the internet for a new piece of clothing or gadget. Are you ready to save money?

1. Download and Install Ibotta

Ibotta is both a browser extension and friendly mobile app. The premise is simple, Ibotta offers you lucrative cash-back rewards for every purchase you make. That’s right, Ibotta will legit pay you for using their mobile app or browser extension.

Sounds too good to be true, right? It is that good. For doing almost no work on your end, Ibotta will help you save money, find the best deals, and earn cash-back rewards. It is a win-win all around. If you want to learn more, then check out this review of Ibotta.

2. Honey Browser Extension

Are you tired of searching online for a coupon only to find out it has ‘expired’? Fortunately, we have the solution you need. Just as the name sounds, Honey is a FREE browser extension that allows you to search and find legit coupons.

Here is the deal, Honey works seamlessly with almost all browsers. Once you install it, Honey gets right to work. It will find deals for you at your favorite retailers, such as Amazon, Target, Walmart, or even Best Buy. So, the next time you need a coupon make sure to give the Honey Browser Extension a try.

3. Rakuten Cash Back

Rakuten is one of the largest cash-back rewards apps. This FREE app allows you to earn cash-back on the everyday purchases you make. Whether you are buying new school supplies, a laptop, or even a new pair of shoes, Rakuten allows you to earn cash-back rewards. Currently, Rakuten is available as a mobile app, browser extension, and you can print off coupons from their website. It is the silver bullet when it comes to earning cash back rewards.

4. Download Drop

Like Ibotta, Drop is a FREE mobile app that allows you to earn cash back rewards at your favorite retailers. Once you link your credit or debit card, Drop will start tracking your spending habits and will apply cash-back rewards if you purchase a good from on their partners. On top of the cash back rewards you earn on Drop, you can also use your own coupons or pair it with another cash back app. So yes, you can earn double cash back if you are savvy enough! If you want to learn more, check out this Drop review.

Why is it important to save money?

While the answer seems simple, it gets more complicated when you start thinking about what to do with the money that is tucked away in your savings account. Aside from building up a healthy savings balance, you also need to start thinking about your retirement and investing.

As a college student, you are in a prime position to start investing and saving for retirement. The more money you can plow in your Roth IRA and invest it into safe assets, the better. Remember, you can only contribute $6,000 per year to a Roth IRA, and the earlier you start the better chances you have of retiring as a millionaire. Yes, I said it – millionaire.

Wrapping Up

It is essential to save money. Unfortunately, saving money is harder than it seems, especially as a college student. Between formals, paying for rent, tuition, and everything in between, the expenses add up. If need be, use one of the best survey sites to make money. However, the 4 apps and browser extensions we listed above are a great starting point. These tools will help you find the best deals, apply coupons, and ultimately, save money! It is a win-win all around.