passionpit

By Tarrek Shaban
Digital Editor

1. Dooley’s Week

The Student Programming Council puts on a week of activities which are sure to have the whole campus abuzz. When you are let out of class early, remember that “Dooley Lives Forever.”

2. Barenaked Voices

For the past 11 years, all of Emory’s a cappella groups combine with Emory Concert Choir for this incredible concert. In its 12th incarnation, it is sure to be an amazing show.

3. EDC Dance Show

For the Spring semester Emory Dance Company show, eight student choreographers collaborate to create a work which showcases their artistic creativity and the strengths of the dancers in the company.

4. Run the Row

Following spring fraternity recruitment, the new pledge classes for Interfraternity Council organizations run down Eagle Row to their respective houses past cheering crowds.

5. Commencement

This year marks the 117th commencement proceedings from Emory University. Not only does this time honored tradition bring thousands of families to campus in celebration of their student’s achievement, it marks the end of the academic year.

6. MLK Week

The Office of Leadership and Service supports Emory’s King Week on campus through hosting and promoting several signature activities for the entire community to take part in. These include “Emory’s Day On,” and a annual civil rights and services dialogue.

7. DUC Day

We all know the DUC (Dobbs University Center) most as a convenient location to eat as underclassman, but this is a celebration of the birthday of Emory’s student center.

8. Seussical The Musical

Ad Hoc Productions, one of Emory’s student run theatre troupes, is presenting Seussical The Musical The show will run from April 9 to 18.

9. Spring Break

What more needs to be said? Spring break this year falls between March 9 and 13.

10. Founders Day

Each winter the entire campus celebrates the founding of the College in 1896 with a weeklong celebration of Emory history and the annual Founder’s Day dinner.

11. Admission Day

Though we have already welcomed the first portion of the class of 2019 to the Emory community, what is more exciting than to welcome the remaining baby Eagles to our fold.

12. Spring Band Concert

Traditionally the Saturday after Dooley’s Ball (though in the past, the two events have been combined), the Spring Band Concert is when Emory welcomes a traditionally big name to campus for a performance. Past concerts have included OneRepublic and Chance the Rapper.

13. SGA Elections

Each spring the Emory community is asked to vote on who they will want to lead the Student Government Association the following academic year.

14. Emory Williams Lectures

A hidden gem of Emory University, as part of the Voluntary Common Core Program, the Emory Williams Lectures are held throughout the spring semester and bring academic thinkers from around the country to Emory to discuss topics from religion to political thought.

15. Spring Concerts

Arts at Emory hosts a variety of events throughout the semester in the Schwartz Center for Performing Arts. Check out the University Chorus, Symphony Orchestra, Wind Ensemble and more.

– By Tarrek Shaban, Digital Editor