The Emory women’s basketball team struggled on the road this weekend, dropping both their games. The Eagles opened the weekend with a 62-70 loss against Carnegie Mellon University (Pa.), and fell to Case Western Reserve University (Ohio) 73-75 on Sunday.

The Eagles struggled on both the and from the field during Friday’s loss. While the team shot almost 46 percent from three-point line, they shot a dismal 34 percent from the field as a whole. The Tartans finished the game shooting 43 percent from the field. Emory also lost the rebound battle, where Carnegie Mellon pulled down 46 boards compared to the Eagles’ 35.

Junior forward Michelle Bevan and junior guard Shellie Kaniut were the only Eagles who managed to score 10 points or more, finishing with 10 and 13 points, respectively. Senior guard Ilene Tsao added nine points and seven rebounds, on a rough four for 11 shooting night.

Emory was narrowly defeated by Case Western on Sunday, falling 75-73 in a game that was back and forth all game. After struggling on the boards against Carnegie Mellon, the Eagles actually won the rebound battle vs. Case Western 38-35. They also came back and shot the ball much better during the second game, ending the game shooting 39 percent from the field as a whole, including 53 percent from the field.

All five starters finished in the double figures, with junior guard Fran Sweeney leading the way with 14 points. Kaniut (12 points) and Bevan (10 points) both reached the threshold again, joined this time by Tsao (13 points) and sophomore forward Dumebi Egbuna (10 points). Tsao and Egbuna also contributed six and seven rebounds, respectively.

The Eagles will hit the road again this weekend where they will finish the regular season on Sunday, Feb. 28 against Rochester (N.Y.).

Special Projects Editor | Jacob Durst is a Goizueta Business School junior from Dallas, Texas double majoring in business and political science. He has been a big sports fan as long as he can remember, and his teams are the Houston Rockets, Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys. He also wants to throw out there that Sports is the best section.