EBOLA AT EMORY HOSPITAL

In case you missed the recent frenzy of news trucks crowding Woodruff Circle, Emory University Hospital has been treating two American health care workers who contracted the Ebola virus in Liberia. Kudos if you snagged a selfie with Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

EXTENDED THANKSGIVING BREAK

Thinking about skipping class the Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Now you don’t have to. The Emory calendar now declares that Wednesday off for College and Oxford students (the Business School will follow suit but have not made an official announcement), which means a five-day weekend for the holiday.

PASTA JOHN’S NOW IN COX

If you couldn’t get enough of Pasta John’s infectious attitude and impromptu singing, be sure to stop by his new storefront in Cox Hall. The made-to-order pasta will satisfy the appetites of vegetarians and carnivores alike.

WOODRUFF LIBRARY RENOVATIONS

The second floor of Woodruff Library is now more mobile friendly. Over the summer, the space was renovated to include more electrical outlets to accommodate for personal laptops, as well as wheely tables and chairs to make it easier to study in groups. MARBL is also undergoing renovations this year. Since it’s now on the 7th floor, you won’t be able to get to the 10th floor for manuscripts, archives, rare books and a beautiful view of Atlanta.

THE MAIL ROOM

Check out the brand new mail center in the bottom floor of the DUC, which features a streamlined pickup process and the elimination of mailboxes in favor of mail folders sorted by last name.

RAOUL HALL

Raoul Hall is the newest addition to Emory’s luxury real estate for freshmen (also known as the freshman housing master plan). The residence hall will be home to more than 330 freshmen, resident advisors and sophomore advisors.

EAGLE ROW PAVING

In addition to the newly-built Raoul Hall, Eagle Row got a facelift. Whether you’re zooming to Zaya’s or running the row, thanks to this summer’s repaving, it’ll be smooth sailing.

DEAN JAMES

On July 15, Erika Hayes James became the new dean of the Goizueta Business School. She is also the first black woman to lead a top-25 business school.

FRAT HOUSE SWAPPING

Brush up on your Greek alphabet! Pi Kappa Alpha (Pike) has moved into the old Sigma Nu house, Chi Phi has moved into the old Pike house and Xi Kappa is living in the old Chi Phi house.

NEW THEOLOGY BUILDING

This fall marks the opening of the new Candler Theology Library, a beautiful new building with large windows, classrooms and over 610,000 volumes.

– By Harmeet Kaur, Multimedia Editor, and Stephen Fowler, Asst. News Editor