The University will be closed Thursday due to “severe weather conditions,” according to a University-wide email sent by University President James W. Wagner.

While the snow has stopped, students should still be aware of the conditions on campus, according to Sam Shartar, senior administrator at the Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response.

“It is important that students be aware that there is significant chance of black ice [Wednesday night],” Shartar said.  “Students walking should use caution and I would strongly encourage students with vehicles, not to drive, unless there is an emergency.”

The Dobbs Market will operate under the hours Thursday: 10am-1pm; 4:30pm-7pm.

Emory Student Health and Counseling Services (EUSHCS) will be closed. Emory Healthcare will remain open. EUSHCS is rescheduling appointments over the phone.

Students with urgent problems can reach the on-call physician at 404-27-7551, option 0.

The University has been closed since 1 p.m. Tuesday when vice president and deputy to the president Gary Hauk sent out a University-wide email advising the community of the closing.

–Contact Dustin Slade at dpslade@emory.edu

Atlanta Hawks Beat Writer |
Dustin is a senior from Miami, FL in the Goizueta Business School studying strategy & management consulting and finance. He joined the Wheel’s editorial board in the spring of his freshman year and spent the next two years helping lead and shape the news team. Outside of the Wheel, Dustin is also a member of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity and an avid South Florida sports fan… even without LeBron James.