Emory College undergraduate tuition will rise by 2.3 percent in the 2014-2015 academic year, marking the smallest percentage increase in the past decade, the University announced Wednesday.

The University’s Board of Trustees approved the increased tuition to $44,400 for next year from $43,400 this year, according to a University statement. Combined undergraduate tuition, fees, room and board will rise by 2.5 percent, to $57,768 from $56,370.

Claire Sterk, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs, said in the statement that the tuition increase “reflects Emory’s commitment to an excellent learning experience for our students” without them going into excessive debt.

“We know that students and their families make a tremendous investment in obtaining a world-class education at Emory,” Sterk said. “By holding down annual increases, while at the same time continuously enhancing the Emory experience, we deliver an extraordinary value proposition for extraordinary students.”

Oxford College will see a 4.2 percent increase in tuition and a 4.1 percent increase for the total tuition, fees, room and board.

Many other universities have yet to announce their tuitions for next year, but Washington University in St. Louis’ tuition will be $45,700 for 2014-2015, a 3.6 percent increase from the year before, according to a Jan. 24 Wash U. press release. Princeton’s tuition will rise by 4.1 percent to $55,440, the school said on its website.

According to the University statement, Emory “maintains a commitment to meet 100 percent of demonstrated financial need for admitted domestic undergraduates and their families,” and about 60 percent of Emory undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid.

Kiplinger’s Personal Finance has also ranked Emory 14th nationally as a “best value” among private universities. And, The Princeton Review has named Emory a “Best Value College.”

– By Jordan Friedman