Stand-up comedian Amy Schumer, Swedish DJ duo Cazzette and American band Slightly Stoopid are among the performers that the Student Programming Council (SPC) has booked as part of Homecoming Week. The Fall Band Party performer has not yet been announced.

Schumer, who stars in “Seeking a Friend for the End of the World” with Steve Carrell and who was a finalist on NBC’s Last Comic Standing, will deliver her comedy routine during Homecoming on Thursday, Sept. 27 at Glenn Memorial Auditorium. Cazzette will take the stage at Homecoming Ball on Friday, Sept. 28, and Slightly Stoopid will perform for students and alumni on Saturday, Sept. 29.

College senior and SPC Speakers Chair Corey Teich wrote in an email to the Wheel that SPC chose Schumer as this year’s comedian because he watched her routine during The Roast of Charlie Sheen and “started to realize her potential.”

“In the three years I have been at Emory, we have not had a female entertainer,” Teich wrote. “I wanted to break the mold, and I thought with Amy Schumer I would be doing just that.”

College senior and SPC President Will Levinson said that while Slightly Stoopid was popular during the 1990s, the band also recently released an album. For this reason, he said, Slightly Stoopid will appeal to both students and alumni.

In addition, SPC chose Cazzette “because they keep rising in the charts and in their ratings,” Levinson said.

“It just sort of worked out nicely that they’re going on tour and have some hype and are a mix between electronic and also some hip hop,” Goizueta Business School senior and SPC Band Party Co-Chair Chris Akavi said.

The theme for this year’s homecoming is “Swoop’s County Fair,” which will incorporate the elements of a southern county fair including hay bails, a petting zoo, blue grass band and a chili cook-off, College junior and SPC Homecoming Co-Chair Carly Cindrich said. The cook-off will take place on Asbury Circle on Monday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Asbury Circle and will include food from two different chili restaurants from Atlanta as well as live music and beer. There will be no event on Tuesday during Homecoming week.

“[We] are really excited for the chili cook-off,” Cindrich said. “It’s original, fits with the theme and who doesn’t love free food and a fun cook-off? … It will be a good atmosphere.”

SPC will hold its Homecoming Wonderful Wednesday on Asbury Circle, and the organization will partner with the Red Cross to host a Blood Drive in the Woodruff P.E. Center from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Slightly Stoopid’s performances on Saturday will be preceded by a tailgate, parade and a Homecoming soccer game.

Asst. News Editor Nicholas Sommariva contributed reporting.

– By Jordan Friedman