Courtesy of Marjory Collins / Wikimedia Commons.

• Chinese President Xi Jinping signed a $46 billion contract with the Pakistani government on Monday to develop a 1,800-mile China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, a network of pipelines, roads and railways running from the Pakistani port of Gwadar to China’s western Xinjiang region.
  • Italian, Greek and Maltese rescue workers aided passengers on two boats, each carrying hundreds of Middle-Eastern and North African migrants across the Mediterranean to Europe, as they neared capsizing close to the Italian and Greek coasts on Sunday. European Union leaders announced that they would hold a summit on Thursday in Luxembourg to discuss ways to address the influx of these refugees.
  • In a report from its Office of the Inspector General, the Federal Bureau of Investigation acknowledged on Saturday the use of erroneous forensic evidence in more than 95 percent of 268 trials reviewed so far, 32 of which were capital punishment cases and 14 of which resulted in the death of the accused, either in prison or by execution.
  • The Federal Bureau of Investigation on Sunday arrested six Somali-American men accused of trying to join the Islamic State militant group. Two of the men were arrested in San Diego, and four were arrested in Minneapolis. Their ages ranged from 19 to 21 years old.
  • Valdosta State University in southern Georgia banned an Air Force veteran from university activity after she intervened in an on-campus protest on Friday in which students walked on the American flag. Michelle Manhart, the veteran, was demoted from her sergeant position for posing in an issue of Playboy last year.
  • Iconic Atlanta restaurateur Ann Price, the founder and owner of Ann’s Snack Bar, died aged 72 on Saturday. The restaurant is known for its famed “Ghetto Burger,” which The Wall Street Journal recognized as “The World’s Greatest Burger” in 2007.

— Compiled by News Editor Lydia O’Neal

A College senior studying economics and French, Lydia O’Neal has written for The Morning Call, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Consumer Reports Magazine and USA Today College. She began writing for the News section during her freshman year and began illustrating for the Wheel in the spring of her junior year. Lydia is studying in Paris for the fall 2015 semester.