Courtesy of Marjory Collins / Wikimedia Commons.

• Following its second bomb threat in two days, Turkish Airlines forced one of its commercial planes heading to Brazil to land in Morocco on Monday but resumed the flight after no explosives were found. A flight attendant had discovered the word “bomb” on a note in the plane’s restroom.

• South African comedian Trevor Noah, 31, will replace outgoing “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart later this year. Noah became one of the Comedy Central satirical news show’s correspondents in December. Stewart, 52, has hosted the show for 16 years after taking over for Craig Kilborn in 1999.

• A shooting at the gate of the National Security Agency (NSA) campus outside Washington, D.C. left one dead and another severely wounded on Monday morning. Though officials said the attack was not an act of terrorism, FBI agents were dispatched to the scene, where an unnamed driver rammed a car into the gate.

On Sunday, four days after a gas explosion flattened three buildings in New York City last week, rescue workers uncovered two bodies from a sushi restaurant hit by the blast. Officials continue to investigate the cause of the explosion, which injured 22 people.

• Spelman College named Mary Schmidt Campbell, the former dean of New York University’s Tisch School of Arts, its president on Saturday. The historically-black women’s school’s current president, Beverly Tatum, will retire this summer after leading the Atlanta college for 13 years.

• Protesters upset over a fatal police shooting of a man in Smyrna, Georgia last week took over three Cobb County restaurants near the site of the shooting on Sunday. On Tuesday, two police officers were headed to a Goodyear Tire to carry out an arrest warrant, when the man they planned to arrest allegedly tried to flee, then jumped into a car and drove toward them, causing the officers to open fire.

— Compiled by News Editor Lydia O’Neal

A College senior studying economics and French, Lydia O’Neal has written for The Morning Call, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Consumer Reports Magazine and USA Today College. She began writing for the News section during her freshman year and began illustrating for the Wheel in the spring of her junior year. Lydia is studying in Paris for the fall 2015 semester.