Students eager to sample new food options other than those on campus or located in Emory Village will now have even more choices at the Emory Point complex, which announced last week that it has signed on three more restaurants.

Emory Point – located across from the Centers for Disease Control on Clifton Road – will add Burgerfi, a gourmet burger restaurant that also serves artisan beers and wines; Bonefish Grill, which will serve seafood and grilled foods; and Paradise Biryani Pointe, a restaurant that specializes in Indian, Persian and Middle Eastern cuisines.

Besides these new additions, Emory Point will also include other eateries such as The General Muir, La Tagliatella, Marlow’s Tavern and Tin Lizzy’s, according to an Oct. 11 article in the DeKalb Neighbor.

College junior Emily Bloom expressed excitement about these new additions to Emory Point. She noted that the restaurants could be more convenient for students living or taking classes on the part of campus closer to Clifton Road.

“Campus is big; so, there’s now somewhere you can go to lunch on each side of it,” said Bloom, who added that going to restaurants at Emory Point would be easier for some students than walking to the Village.

College senior Ciara Fortson also said she hopes the choices at Emory Point will provide a respite from offerings on campus and in the Village.

“I think the food options get a little repetitive,” she said. “I’m excited for Indian food ’cause they don’t have much of that around this area.”

In addition, developers announced that the complex – which is managed by Cousins Properties Inc. and Gables Residential – will also add two new women’s boutiques, LOFT and Francesca’s Collections. These shops will supplement several others – including Lizard Thicket, American Threads, JoS A. Bank Clothiers and CVS.

According to the DeKalb Neighbor, Emory Point is “82 percent committed,” meaning that room remains for additional shops and restaurants. Those already at the development will begin “staggered openings” in November.

“[We] believe that the shops and restaurants will have a positive impact on the surrounding neighborhoods and communities,”said Mike Cohn, the vice president for Cousins Properties, in the DeKalb Neighbor article.

– By Stephanie Fang