This past week, the Emory women’s tennis team clinched two wins. The first, on Wednesday, Feb. 24, against NCAA Division II Columbus State University (Ga.) resulted in a 7-2 win for the Eagles. On Saturday, Emory went against Appalachian State University (N.C.), winning 6-1.

For the Columbus State match, sophomore Bridget Harding defeated her opponent 6-3, 6-3 in the no. 1 singles spot. In the no. 2 singles spot, junior Michelle Satterfield won 6-4, 6-4. Freshman Taylor Cosme won 6-3, 6-4 against her opponent. Senior Beatrice Rosen took the no. 4 single spot, winning 6-1, 6-0. In the fifth singles spot, freshman Daniela Lopez fell to her competitor 6-3, 6-4. In the sixth singles spot, senior Madison Gordon defeated her competition 7-5, 6-3.

In doubles action, the team of Harding and sophomore Anna Fuhr defeated the opposing team 8-1. In the second doubles spot, freshman Daniella Moreno-Kaste and junior Paula Castro fell 8-5. Junior Katarina Su and Lopez picked up the last win 8-3.

Against Appalachian State, Harding again took the no. 1 singles spot, winning 6-1, 6-2. In the no. 2 spot, Satterfield won 6-4, 3-6, 6-3. Cosme, in the no. 3 singles spot, defeated her opponent 6-4, 6-3. Rosen took the win in the no. 4 singles spot 7-6, 6-0. Lopez fell to her opponent in the no. 5 spot 6-0, 7-6 (8-6). Gordon completed singles competition with a 7-5, 6-1 win.

In doubles competition, Harding and Fuhr defeated their opponents in the no. 1 doubles spot 6-3. Moreno-Kaste and Castro won the second spot 6-0. The team of Lopez and Su notched the last win 7-6 (7-2).

Emory’s record now stands at 8-1. The team will be back in action on Saturday, March 5, when they play against Montana State University and Northern Arizona University.

Managing Editor | Elana Cates is a College senior from San Diego, California, majoring in English and History. She joined the Wheel's Editorial Board her sophomore year as sports editor. In addition to the Wheel, Elana is also a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and a vice president of the Student Alumni Board.