Photo courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons

• On Jan. 31 at 12:25 a.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol at Evans residence hall. The roommate of the intoxicated individual called the police after she became unresponsive. When officers arrived on the scene, the intoxicated individual was lying on the side of her bed, and she told officers that she had been drinking earlier in the evening at an off campus apartment. The individual gave officers a fraudulent Illinois driver’s license, which was later confiscated. The individual was transported to Emory University Hospital, and Campus Life was notified.

• On Jan. 31 at 2:24 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding an individual under the influence of alcohol at Building C on Clairmont Campus. When officers arrived on the scene, the individual was somewhat unresponsive, and she was “ill to her stomach.” The individual said she had gone to Buckhead to celebrate her 21st birthday. The intoxicated individual refused to be transported to the hospital and was left with her roommate to take care of her. Campus Life was notified.

• On Jan. 31 at 3:01 a.m., EPD responded to a call regarding a fire at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity house at 18 Eagle Row. Someone in the house lit a shirt on fire, and the fire became uncontrollable. The individual moved the burning shirt to a dumpster and called the police. EPD notified the fire safety director, and Campus Life about the incident.

• On Jan. 31 at 4:12 a.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) responded to a call regarding an underage individual under the influence of alcohol on the second floor of Raoul residence hall. A complainant called the police when they found the intoxicated individual unresponsive. Emory Emergency Medical Services and American Medical Response arrived on the scene and determined the individual needed to go to the hospital. The individual was transported to Emory University Hospital, and Campus Life was notified.

— Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr

Digital Editor | Brandon Fuhr is a College junior from Briarcliff Manor, New York pursuing a triple major in art history, forensics, and nuclear neuroscience. Jokes. This kid is straight Business School material. When he isn't studying Corporate Finance, you can find him spinning, playing FIFA or at Chic-Fil-a (or all three at once). He is a Digital Editor for the Wheel and works to create digital features and ensures the website is fully functioning. More importantly, he is responsible for ensuring no Wheel editor goes home hungry. Orchestrating meals for a group of 20 college kids is no easy feat, but he strives to never disappoint.