– On Jan. 13 at 2:51 a.m., officers responded to the sorority village in response to an underage student under the influence of alcohol. It appeared that the individual had been drinking off campus and was helped back to campus by witnesses. When she arrived to Emory, a witness called 911, and she was transported to Emory Hospital. Campus Life was notified.
– On Jan. 12 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., a theft occurred at Emory Hospital including a briefcase valued at $50, a HP Laptop valued at $2000, identification, and prescription glasses. The complainant said she left her laptop at the location while she was at the clinic. When she returned home, she noticed it was missing and has not been able to locate it.
– On Jan. 14, there was a hit and run in the parking lot of Gambrell Hall at the Law School when Campus Services met a vehicle. A Campus Service officer was discussing a violation with a driver. The driver became upset and, in the process, he struck the officer’s vehicle and sped off. The case was turned over to an investigator.
– On Jan. 14 at approximately 5:27 p.m., Emory Police Department (EPD) officers responded to the Psychology and Interdisciplinary Sciences Building (PAIS) where six individuals were skateboarding. The non-Emory affiliated individuals were asked to leave the campus.
– On Jan. 11 at 4:45 p.m., EPD was notified by a contractor that two individuals were removing items from a dumpster by Clifton Road and Gambrell Drive. The contractor said that the individuals were taking metal from the dumpster which was not meant to be discarded. The contractor took the items from the individuals and notified EPD. The case has been turned over to an investigator.
â€” Compiled by Crime Beat Writer Brandon Fuhr