– On Oct. 21 at 3:28 p.m., the Emory Police Department (EPD) received a call from a staff member at the Beta Theta Pi fraternity house located at 15 Eagle Row. The staff member claimed to have smelled an odor of marijuana coming from the building’s first floor. Officers checked the area but were unable to identify a particular smell in the area.

– On Oct. 19 at 3:00 a.m., EPD received a call from the president of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity located at 12 Eagle Row. According to the report, persons unknown painted the rear of the house with blue spray paint. An iron fence nearby the house was also destroyed. The total cost of the damage at this time is unknown. The incident is under investigation.

– On Oct. 18 at 8:00 a.m., EPD received a call from an individual who noticed his bicycle, which was located at the Few Residence Hall, had been stolen at some point in the previous few weeks. The individual was not sure when the bike was stolen. The bike is valued at $180.

– On Oct 21 at 8:55 a.m., a fire alarm was triggered at the Dobbs University Center. DeKalb County fire and rescue responded to the incident. According to the report, facilities management claimed to have accidentally struck a pull station with the end of a broomstick.

– On Oct. 19 at 1:45 a.m., two Emory students at the Kappa Sigma house located at 20 Eagle row contacted EPD regarding three intoxicated individuals who had shown up at the house. The three individuals were verbally abusive calling the victims “f—ing f—-ts.”  According to the report, the students said they believed the three individuals were members of the fraternity that previously occupied 20 Eagle Row, Phi Delta Theta. The report added that the three individuals raised a cinder block in the house’s parking lot. The students were concerned the subjects would damage vehicles in the parking lot. EPD provided patrols of the area throughout the night in response. Campus Life was notified.

– Compiled by Dustin Slade

Atlanta Hawks Beat Writer |
Dustin is a senior from Miami, FL in the Goizueta Business School studying strategy & management consulting and finance. He joined the Wheel’s editorial board in the spring of his freshman year and spent the next two years helping lead and shape the news team. Outside of the Wheel, Dustin is also a member of Zeta Beta Tau fraternity and an avid South Florida sports fan… even without LeBron James.