Amy Schumer, a comedian best known for roasting Roseanne and Charlie Sheen on Comedy Central performed at Glenn Memorial Auditorium, on Thursday. Schumer made fun of various religions and races in addition to telling sexual jokes.

As soon as Schumer walked on stage, she commented on the venue before delving into her stand-up routine.

“Do you all feel awkward because we’re in a church?” asked Schumer. “Well, it’s about to get so much worse, so I won’t be offended if anyone walks out. In fact, I encourage it.”

This comment appealed to some students who said that they appreciated her sense of humor. Schumer was a hit, in particular, with College sophomore Hannah Silverman who said that she found the idea of vulgar comedy in a church very ironic.

After introducing herself, Schumer began her routine by making a series of jokes about certain races, explaining that she found out that her grandmother had her vocal chords removed to keep herself from making racist comments. After that quip, Schumer looked around the audience and made the remark that Emory must be a good school because of the variety of ethnicities present at her performance.

“If everyone’s white, then you know it’s a bad school,” she joked.

However, she explained that, humor aside, she respected all races and religions before proceeding to ask someone in the audience, “What are you?”

When the audience member answered that she was Hindu, Schumer responded “not my favorite.”

At that point, Schumer’s jokes then became very sexual in nature.

“I used to sleep with Hispanic guys, but now I just prefer consensual,” she joked.

Towards the end of her routine, Schumer said that she thought that there was a grey area in terms of defining rape.

“I think we’ve all been a little raped,” she said. “Every girl I know has had that one night in her life when she’s like, ‘I think that was rape.'”

Schumer told the audience that she was 31 and informed guys who were present that if they had been wondering if they could have sex with her, the answer was yes. Some male students in the audience noted that her invitation had been tempting.

For example, College junior Jake Aronson said, “I’m single, and I thought I might be able to talk to her after the show and see what she was up to.”

After joking about her sex life, Schumer transitioned to stories about living in Vegas. She described what she considered to be a frequent sight: girls who go out on Saturday night in tube dresses and high heels, in which they cannot walk. They look like “a chain gang, ‘Wizard of Oz’ type walk, and if one of them falls, they leave her,” she said.

She also warned audience members about the dangers of blacking out. “Blacking out is not good. I blacked out my first two years of college,” she said. “Your brain goes to sleep while your body goes ‘tonight is my night.'”

Before the show ended, Schumer asked the audience if they had any questions. One audience member asked her what was the weirdest thing anyone had ever tweeted at her.

She picked up her phone and read a text from earlier that day which asked, “If you could pick any way to die, would it be drowning in a bag of dicks?” which she felt was a fair question to which she answered, “yes.”

SPC Speakers Chair Corey Teich said he chose to bring Schumer because Emory has never had a female comedian before, and Schumer’s hilarious reputation preceded her. He said he wished more people had showed up, but the show was ultimately a success due to Schumer’s content.

– By Elizabeth Howell