Racial Justice Retreat | Feb. 26, 2016

Emory administrators, faculty, staff and student activists deliberate potential solutions to address the Black Students at Emory demands at the 6-hour Racial Justice Retreat.

At the 6-hour Racial Justice Retreat, Emory administrators, faculty, staff and students deliberate potential actions in response to the student group Black Students at Emory’s 13 demands. / Ruth Reyes, Photo Editor

Trump Chalkings | March 22, 2016

College sophomore Jonathan Peraza leads chants outside the Emory Administration Building during a student protest following pro-Trump slogans that were written in chalk across campus the night before.

College junior Jonathan Peraza leads chants outside the Emory Administration Building during a student protest following pro-Trump slogans that were written in chalk across campus the night before. / Julia Munslow, Executive Editor

The Chainsmokers at Dooley’s Week | April 9, 2016

The Chainsmokers close out the 2016 Dooley’s Week with original songs such as “Roses” and “Kanye,” as well as vivacious remixes of popular songs. / Albert Feng, Staff

Songfest | Aug. 25, 2016

Sophomore Advisor Joshua Barbosa (19C) strikes a pose during The Complex’s first place Songfest performance.

Sophomore Advisor Joshua Barbosa (19C) strikes a pose during The Complex’s first-place Songfest performance. / Julia Munslow, Executive Editor

Memorial Service | Aug. 28, 2016

Emory community members mourn at a memorial service for Emory students Abinta Kabir and Faraaz Hossain, who were taken hostage and killed in a terrorist attack in Dhaka, Bangladesh. / Ruth Reyes, Photo Editor

Carter Town Hall | Sept. 14, 2016

Former U.S. President and Emory Distinguished Professor Jimmy Carter takes the stage at his annual Emory town hall to discuss gender discrimination and his hopes for the election season.

Former U.S. President and Emory Distinguished Professor Jimmy Carter takes the stage at his annual Emory town hall to discuss gender discrimination and his hopes for the election season. / Yiqian Wang, Contributing

Music Midtown | Sept. 17, 2016

Grouplove played promptly after Music Midtown attendees were allowed to re-enter following a weather evacuation, reinvigorating the rain-soaked crowd with their upbeat and catchy tunes. / Melissa DeFrank/Staff

Indie rock band Grouplove plays promptly after a brief weather evacuation from Piedmont Park, reinvigorating the rain-soaked Music Midtown crowd with their upbeat and catchy tunes. / Melissa Defrank, Staff

March of Solidarity | Nov. 9, 2016

Dressed mostly in black, nearly 200 Emory community members walk silently together in solidarity through campus Wednesday, Nov. 9, following the election of Republican Donald J. Trump as the 45th president of the United States. / Matthew Hammond, Contributing

Read about the stories that defined 2016 here.